TeSito Providential Developments gemeinnützige UG is a charitable non profit company in Germany focusing on developing help in The Gambia. In July 2017 we visited Gambia for the first time.
The smallest state in Africa is among the ten poorest countries in the world. Unemployment is high, causing many young Gambians to find a career perspective in Europe.
Many more visits to the Gambia followed. The founding of the non-profit company TeSito Providential Developments was a result of that. We got to know many who serve in Gambia in the narrower and broader sense with development aid. Impressive are the many small initiatives from Europe, especially the Netherlands, Belgium, UK, Germany and other countries. In part, these small nonprofit or non-governmental organizations have been operating in Gambia for decades, others are joining. All are characterized by the fact that with modest means they do enormous things exactly what they have decided for. It can be a kindergarten, a women’s garden, a school, a training center, a small farm, a car repair shop, a hospital, a social facility, the personal support of a family, the sponsorship of the education of one or more children and much more.
The big organizations are also working with dedicated employees. After the change of government, they have been given more resources and can now target the various major issues such as youth unemployment, discrimination and female circumcision, child labor, illness, educational problems, etc. through targeted programs. No one is out of place everyone is needed.
For TeSito it was clear very early that one would like to help in agriculture. Mango and rice were the keywords. Mango prevailed and the solar mango drying was declared a project to focus on. So we spent many weeks in 2018 and also in 2019 in the Gambia, in order to grasp the situation there comprehensively and to find out how we as TeSito can contribute efficiently and effectively focussing on projects TeSito would be good in.
Our slogan became: TeSito serving the Gambia.
Our vision is:
- In Gambia there is food production from organic grown agricultural products.
- It exist dual training in Gambia so that young people can join a 6 months to 4 year apprenticeship. They will receive wages that enable them to make a living. We ensure that the Gambian partners we support are offering apprenticeships and support skill centers there.
- Partnerships are established between German cities and Gambian cities, between German associations and Gambian clubs and associations, between German companies and Gambian companies, between German youth and Gambian young people, between German educational institutions and Gambian educational institutions.
Our mission is:
- We enable the women and men working with us to discover their talents and help them to live a self-confident, grateful and meaningful life.
- We take care that the training facilities co-founded and supervised by us teach and train in an action-oriented and practical way.
- We bring together those people and organizations who are engaged to build up Gambia. We make sure that they get to know each other and are encouraged to cooperate in the sense of network and complement each other. We promote the competition of companies and help them to be customer-oriented. We want to publicize examples of volunteering as lighthouses in The Gambia to imitate. Especially in Germany, we want to tell the public the stories of the Gambians, how they get involved in their homeland and, whenever possible, facilitate the cultural, economic and social exchange and make it possible to get to know each other. We see this as a coordinating task.
We appricate all donations being thankful for each penny.